CKR-AKS Fellowship for Korean Studies
We are pleased to announce the Center for Korean Research-Academy of Korean Studies Fellowship which provides partial funding to MA students in the Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures (and other programs) with a Korea-related focus.
- Provides partial to full academic year support
- Eligibility: Applicants to MA programs in Regional Studies: East Asia (MARSEA), East Asian Languages and Cultures, and International and World History with a research interest in Korea
- Average of three awards per academic year
- Selection criteria include: Academic excellence; Demonstrated commitment to Korea-related research
- Recipients of the fellowship must report to the Center for Korean Research any additional funds, such as another grant, they receive toward academic year support. Should a student receive multiple sources of funding, the Center for Korean Research may adjust or withdraw the amount granted to the student so as to remain below the cap dictated by GSAS
Prospective Students: Applicants are considered for the AKS-CKR Fellowship at the time of GSAS MA Admissions Review.
Current Students: Submit the following application materials:
- WEAI Common Application Form
- One paragraph describing your research interests as related to Korean studies
- Official Columbia University transcript
The Center for Korean Research was awarded a 5-year AKS Core University Grant in 2016 and is dedicated to developing Korean Studies at Columbia University.