The mission of the CKR is:
- To provide support for Korea-related research, teaching, and programming across Departments, Centers, and Institutes at Columbia University.
- To foster transnational, interdisciplinary scholarship on Korea-related topics.
- To support student groups at Columbia (both undergraduate and graduate).
- To engage in public outreach in order to maintain and raise the level of awareness and knowledge of Korean culture, history, and society.
- To connect to the world via international partnerships, sponsorship of international conferences and workshops, publications initiatives, and active scholarly exchanges.